This is how the roster will look on opening day (courtesy of Jordan Bastian):
Starting Rotation
1. Shaun Marcum
2. Brian Tallet
3. Ricky Romero
4. Brandon Morrow
5. Dana Eveland
Bullpen
1. Jason Frasor
2. Kevin Gregg
3. Scott Downs
4. Shawn Camp
5. Casey Janssen
6. Jeremy Accardo
7. Merkin Valdez
Lineup
1. Jose Bautista, RF
2. Aaron Hill, 2B
3. Adam Lind, DH
4. Vernon Wells, CF
5. Lyle Overbay, 1B
6. Edwin Encarnacion, 3B
7. John Buck, C
8. Travis Snider, LF
9. Alex Gonzalez, SS
Bench
1. John McDonald, SS
2. Randy Ruiz, 1B/DH
3. Jose Molina, C
4. Mike McCoy, UTIL
A few surprises here. Dana Eveland over Brett Cecil... damn. Although Eveland had a really solid spring so congrats to him. Also, Merkin Valdez won the last-spot-in-the-bullpen sweepstakes. He beat out Josh Roenicke and David Purcey and several others vying for the spot. We already knew that Jose Molina was in and Raul Chavez was out. Another surprise is that Mike McCoy made it! He's the all-purpose man.
Some final thoughts: I just copied this roster posting from MLBastian, so I am not sure if I should look into the ordering. First off, having Tallet as the number two starter to open the season would be... very frustrating to say the least. In order to express how I truly feel about that, I'd have to break apart my computer*. But then I couldn't finish this post. I do suspect that the batting lineup will be as posted, with Travis Snider hitting 8th. I guess that's alright, as long as he gets moved up in a hurry. As in by the end of the first week if he's killing it.
OPENING DAY IS 4 DAYS AWAY!
*Seems like I may have gotten worked-up for nothing. There's a day off after the season opener, so Tallet would be skipped and Romero would start the second game of the season. Also, following this schedule, Romero would be in line to pitch the home-opener. Let's hope that's the plan.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment